Friday, December 17, 2010

Naive

I would recommend not confusing naive and love. I have heard twice recently, that "Christians are naive or simple." Now some of us may be; there are plenty of simpletons around; however, I do not think being a Christian is what classifies one as such. As I began to think about what Jesus might say to such a comment or similar report, a thought crossed my mind. I think Jesus would have been born as a human baby boy in a manger to a lowly Jewish family in a corrupt and declining world even if no one would accept Him. Is that naive? Some might say yes, but I don't think so. I just think He loves that much, that big, that great; He is Love not naive. Let's not be naive ourselves. Everyone is placing faith in something; and I would contend that faith in something everlasting, purposeful, and consistent is intelligent, ingenious, and substantial rather than naive. Christ is love and desires relationship; it may be simple but it is much more than naive. Truly, Merry Christmas and may Jesus be blessed; this season is only because of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment