Thursday, October 28, 2010

Answer

I was prepared. I had formulated an answer that would lead my good boy to Truth. We had just finished our nightly ritual of brushing teeth, racing for the bed, reading a book, and prayers. I asked Josiah if he remembered the question he asked me the night before, and he seemed blank. So, I said, "You, know. The question, 'How do you get a book to....?"  "God," he said with a big grin. "Oh, Dad, I figured it out," he replied. So, I asked, "Really; how?" He explained, "Well, you know that thing they pass around in big people's church, that bag with the sticks on the side? Well, I will sit with you and mommy and when that comes around, I can just put my book in there, and they will get it all the way up to God!" I was humored and pleased by my boy's analysis of the situation. He answered well, with his knowledge of this world. We went on to discuss that many times we give gifts of money, time, possesions, and words to God by giving them to others, and that's how God works many times. Now, Josiah wants to give his book to his buddy Ben. I love how God grows us when we truly seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment