Monday, October 4, 2010

Simple

So, my four year old son and I were finishing dinner at the peninsula of our kitchen, and I asked him a question. I said, “Josiah, what is one of your favorite things about God?” He replied with purplish-blue teeth and lips, “He did good on these blueberries.” As I laughed, pleased and proud of his understanding, I wondered why so many times I just do not get it. So many times, I can not see one day in front of my face, nor one day behind me for that matter. I do not always expect goodness from my Creator, nor remember the good He has done. I have fallen into the lie that this life is mine, and therefore I have to work all things out for good. We become, I become, mistaken. As if following my thoughts, my son, my four year old boy, asked me a question, “Dad, why don’t people believe in God?” I paused, trying to put my thoughts into union with a four year old mind, and then he answered his own question with a question, “They don’t know how good He is?” God is so good; it is all only because of Him and for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment